Baby Beehinds Wool Cover
Wool Nappy Covers are an ideal choice for use over a night nappy, or when you know that your little one will be in their nappy for longer than normal (ie. long day sleepers, or a big car trip). Our wool covers are made from 100% Aussie wool interlock and have an amazing stretch so that they will fit over even the bulkiest night nappy. Soft and cuddly to the touch, these pull-up style covers are an ideal addition to your nappy stash.
Wool is highly absorbent, breathable and keeps temperatures fairly consistent. Wool can absorb liquid up to 40% of its weight without feeling wet and is breathable even when damp, allowing air to circulate and prevent baby’s bum from getting damp. The perfect qualities for a night nappy cover!
Caring for your Wool Covers
Wool covers require some extra care, but don’t worry, it’s not difficult!
- BeeHinds wool covers only need washing every few weeks! (Providing they are not soiled and have been lanolised well enough).
- When you change your baby’s nappy, hang the wool cover to air dry until you next need to use it again (it is best to alternate between covers when using wool). The lanolin in the wool neutralizes the urine, meaning your cover self-cleaning.
- You only need to wash your cover if it becomes soiled, stinky or dirty, or when it requires re-lanolising. If your baby is a heavy wetter with very strong urine, you will probably need to lanolise more regularly. We’d recommend lanolising about once per fortnight.
- Baby BeeHinds wool covers can be machine washed, on the gentle cycle, inside a laundry or delicates bag.
- Make sure you only wash in cold water using a gentle wool wash.
- If you prefer, you may choose to wash by hand in cool water using soap flakes or wool wash (ideal). These are nice and gentle on the natural fibers of the wool.
- Once clean, rinse well under cool water, lanolise, and then hang in the shade to dry.
- Do not soak your wool covers in whitening or soaking solutions
- Do not tumble dry