This recipe is a huge hit in my household, the toddler once saw me pull it out of the freezer and did this really strange cross between a laugh and a gasp. It takes about 45mins-1hr from whoa to go BUT what I absolutely love about this is that you can throw any combination of veges in that you like and it’s freezable. There is usually enough left over for me to have a container of bite sized chunks stored up for those times when you are running behind and it’s witching hour and the kidlets are tired and hungry and if they don’t get fed in like 60 seconds it’s literally going to be the end of the world…..
- Noodles of any type you like. You probably don’t have to have this ingredient if you don’t want to, but I do like the texture they give to the recipe
- 1 cup frozen pea and corn mix
- 1 carrot coarsely grated
- broccoli cut into tiny florets
- 6 eggs lightly whisked – you can add some milk in here as well to have a subtler egg flavour
- 1 cup grated cheese
- seasoning of your choice
I have also added chicken, mushrooms, zucchini and cooked pumpkin whenever I have them in my fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 180-200
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, add seasoning along with peas and corn, carrot and broccoli. Cover with boiling water and stand for at least 2 minutes till the noodles are soft. Drain in a colander and return to bowl. Add in your egg mix and cheese and mix well.
- Melt some butter in a 22cm ovenproof, non stick frying pan, swirl pan to cover base with butter. Add mixture to pan and spread out evenly. Reduce heat and cook until mixture starts to set.
- Place pan in oven and cook through until top is lightly browned 15-20mins.
- Serve up!