I always forget how easy it is to throw some ingredients together, chuck some pastry on the top and BAM tea is up!
Not only is this yummy and easy to make, you can also use up any random ingredients you have in your fridge, which means less food waste and better bang for you food dollar.
500g beef mince
1 brown onion finely chopped
Either fresh veges chopped small OR you can used frozen mixed veges, or a mix of the two.
1/3 cup brown gravy powder
1 cup of water
1 cup of grated cheese (optional)
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
– Heat some oil in a frypan and add the mince and onions, cook stirring to break up any lumps until the meat is browned.
– Add vegetables and cook for a further 10 minutes.
– Add gravy powder and 1 cup of water.
– Cook a stir for three minutes until sauce is thick.
– Transfer mix to prepared dish.
– Place pastry sheet over mince mixture to cover and roll any overhanging pastry inwards to form a border around the inside of the dish.
– score the top of the pastry and brush with a little bit of milk.
– Bake in an oven on 180-200 for 12-15minutes.
Serve up with some mash and whatever else you feel like.